PAYMENT TERMS AND FEE POLICIES
Preferred payment method is Internet Banking.
Account name: Sharyn Underwood School of Dance
Account number: 06 0589 0377600 00
Ready Set Dance Classes & Intro Levels
Account name: Tori Rivers Dance
Account number: 06 0793 0790718 00
(Please enter child’s surname and class in reference field)
- Invoices will be issued the third week of each term.
- Fees should be paid in full before the end of each term.
- Internet Banking Payment by instalments is acceptable.
- Payments can also be made by cash or by cheque to Sharyn Underwood School of Dance for Jazz Classes and Tori Rivers Dance for Ready Set Dance Classes.
- A discount may be given to students who are absent for a number of weeks due to illness or injury.
- No refund is given if a student stops attending class during a term.
- All statutory holidays are observed and fees have been calculated over a full year. This means no refunds are given for classes that fall on public holidays.
HEALTH, SAFETY, INJURY & MEDICAL
- Sharyn Underwood School of Dance takes child protection seriously. All our teachers and assistants have had an approved “Police Vetting Check”.
- Sharyn Underwood School of Dance is not liable for personal injury sustained or any loss or damage to personal property whilst on the premises.
- We aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce the risk of injury. Our qualified and/or experienced dance teachers actively promote safe dance practice. It should be realised that injuries do occur from time to time and students and their caregivers must accept this element of risk.
- Prior to the commencement of the class it is the student, parents or guardians responsibility to notify the teacher of any existing injury or medical condition that may be of concern.
- If a student has a temporary injury they should still attend and watch the class. They can observe what is being taught even though they may not be able to participate.
- A first aid kit is available at all times. We do not dispense Panadol, pain relief or medication to any students.
- Students are under supervision during class time only. Teachers and staff are not responsible for students outside their allocated class time. For safety reasons, young students must be collected from inside the building.
- In the event of a fire students are to follow their teacher’s instructions and walk to assemble in front of the building.
- All students must be appropriately dressed for class, with correct clothing and footwear. (See uniform requirements)
- Hair is to be neatly groomed, tied up and secured off the face.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOING OF STUDENTS
- Photography and videoing of students in class and concerts is not permitted. This is for the safety and wellbeing of each individual student and to comply with the Privacy Act Regulations.
- Choreography for classes, performances and concerts remains the artistic and intellectual property of Sharyn Underwood School of Dance and/or the syllabus providers.
- Sharyn Underwood School of Dance owns the copyright to all choreography taught within the studio. Please do not copy or post on social media any class material, rehearsals or concerts without prior permission.
- All our American Jazz Dance Affiliation syllabus classes will be taught with the intention that students will work towards sitting an examination.
- Students will be entered into examinations at the discretion of their teacher.
- Examinations are not compulsory.
- Examination fees are additional to term fees.
- Regular class attendance is vital for students to develop and keep on top of their syllabus work. Students must be punctual to classes to ensure they receive a complete warm up.
- It is the parent's and caregiver’s responsibility to read the Sharyn Underwood School of Dance newsletters. These are handed out to the students. They will also be emailed. Please make sure we have your current email address and phone number.